Event management is a process where different types of programs or events are conceived, planned and executed. Recently, the demand of event management is growing up and a career in event management is a good option.
There are many reasons for the growth of this sector. In event management you have to follow the following things to plan a successful event.
- Plan an event considering different parameters like number of people will attend the event.
- Clear the concept by visualizing the plan.
- Making planning of the concept.
- Estimate the budget of the plan.
- Make an execution plan.
- Your work areas will be in fashion shows, concerts, seminars, exhibitions, weddings, themed parties, product launches etc.
After having experience in different organizations, you can plan for a PR consultancy to improve the relations of press. One of the interesting part of this business is to organize a parties and disco nights.
Also Read: Best Short Term Courses After 12th
After 12th Class
- You can pursue BBA and BA courses in event management after the completion of 12th with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Merit lists are prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the board examination of class 12th. There are some universities where an attitude test is conducted to select candidates.
Certificate, Diploma and PG Diploma Courses
- For diploma course, you need to maintain at least 45% to 50% in class 12th board exam. This certificate courses will strengthen your CV to get job opportunities after graduation.
- You can complete PG Diploma courses after completing graduation in any stream having at least 50% marks.
- You will have to qualify the entrance exam like CAT, MAT, CMAT, etc. to get admission in PGDM and PGPM programmes.
Postgraduate Degree Course
- To get admission in this course, you must obtain minimum of 60% marks in graduation.
- No specific stream is mentioned to apply for this type of courses. If you are an experienced person in industries, then it will help you to get both better college and job in good event company as well.
- Entrance exams like CAT, MAH-CET, CMAT, SNAP, MAT, etc. are conducted to get admission in this programme.
Qualities of an Event Manager
In the last few years, world management shows many changes due to the technological advancements. The use of event software will help you to ahead of your competitor. There are some qualities, if you have, then no one can stop you from getting success in this field.
1. Good Communicator
A good event manager is working as a team member to achieve the goal of an event. He has to listen other and tell them possible solutions of any issue.
It is very important for an event manager to understand the requirements of clients and fulfil their demands as far as possible. So, if you are an effective communicator, then you can become a good event manager.
From time to time, things have been changing and you must also be changed accordingly. Different situations will come to you and the decision should be taken by you.
You must be flexible while taking any decisions which will make you mature to become an event manager.
3. Creative and Innovative
A good quality event manager must have creative and innovative thinking. If your thinking is different from others, then your path to be a successful event manager will be easier.
If you have this ability, then you can tackle different problems and situations with your creative and innovative thinking.
There is an old saying that ‘Leaders are born and not made’ and this words related to event manager. This quality reflects that you truly deserve to be an event manager. Your leading role in your team will guide to achieve the goal.
5. Good Time Management
This is one of the qualities that an event manager must possess. In this profession you will be involved with multiple tasks at a time. But you must have the knowledge which work should be prioritize first so that your plan may work smoothly.
Related Post: Unique Career Options 2023
Jobs in Event Management
There are many scopes for an event manager after the completion of courses. Many organizations hire candidates for different positions as:
Event Planner: In this position, your role is to plan all the things which are needed to successful the event such as a conference, corporate event or a wedding, function etc. You have to plan this events in detail within the specific budget.
Event Manager: In this profession, you will be responsible for everything for that event you are going to execute for your clients. The working area of an event manager is conceptualizing, planning, organizing and executing the event without facing any difficulties.
Event Organizer: This is very much similar to an event planner. The main difference is that an event organizer plans the event and also executes all the fairs and exhibitions.
Wedding Planner: In such a position of job, you have to manage all the small details regarding planning the wedding. A wedding planner gives their clients an idea about different wedding parameters such as guest list, guest invitations, in selecting wedding theme, menu and logistics.
Logistics Manager: Role in this job profile is to manage arrangements of equipment, guests and other related things.
Top Recruiter for Event Management
Recently, there are many companies or organizations that recruit graduates of event management.
Name of some of these companies are 360 degrees, Percept D Mark, Wizcraft International Entertainment Pvt. Ltd., DNA Networks Pvt. Ltd., Cineyug Entertainment, Cox and King, Sita Conferences, E-Factor, Sercon, Tafcon Group, TCI Consultancy Services and ‘e’ Events, Fountainhead Transmedia etc.
Salary of Event Management Candidate
Salary in this field vary with the type of event you are managing. After completing event management course, at entry level, a fresher can earn an average of ₹ 3.55 LPA which included tips, bonus, and overtime pay.
Once, you have experienced of 1-4 years, you will command a amount of ₹ 3.61 LPA. After having an experience of 6-10 years, your payment will become ₹ 6 LPA. Being experienced of 12-20 years, you can earn minimum of ₹ 6.16 LPA.
Event Management Institutes/ Universities
1. Amity Institute of Event Management – New Delhi, (Delhi).
2. Institute of Tourism & Future Management Trends (ITFT) – Chandigarh, SCO 1-2-3, Level III.
3. The International Center for Event Marketing & Management (ICEM) – 6/14, II Floor, Sarvapriya Vihar, New Delhi-110 016
4. Event Management Development Institute – 4th Floor, 791, S.K.Marg, Opp. Lilavati Hospital, Bandra (W), Mumbai – 400 050, Tel: +91 22 2655 0808, 2642 7171, Website: emdiworld.com
5. I.E.S. Management College – 4th Floor, 791, S.K.Marg, Opp. Lilavati Hospital, Bandra (W), Mumbai – 400 050, Tel: +91 22 2655 0808, 2642 171
6. International Institute of Event Management – SNDT Women’s University, Juhu Campus, Juhu Tara Road, Santacruz (W), Mumbai – 400 049, Tel: +91 22 2660 8045
7. National Institute of Event Management – Ground Floor, Nandavan Building, Vile Parle (W), Mumbai – 400 056, Tel: +91 22 2671 6676, 2628 2928, Website: niemindia.com, Branches: Pune, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Delhi.
8. National Institute for Media Studies (NIMS) – Website: www.nifms.com
Also Read: Best Computer Courses After 12th
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I do an event management course after class 12th?
Ans: Yes, you are eligible to take admission in event management having a minimum of 50% in any stream.
Q2. What are the criteria to pursue a PG diploma course in Event Management?
Ans: To get admission in the PG diploma course in Event Management you need to maintain 50% in your graduation.
Q3. What are the entrance examinations to get admission to Post Graduate degree course?
Ans: There some entrance exams that are conducted to select candidates for Post Graduate degree courses are CAT, MAH-CET, CMAT, SNAP, MAT, etc.
Q4. What are the qualities to be a good event manager?
Ans: There are some qualities you have, then you can become a good event manager are good communication, flexibility, a creative and innovative mind, being a good leader, able to manage time properly, etc.
Q5. What is the role of an event manager?
Ans: After completing the event management course, you can work as an event planner, event manager, event organizer, wedding planner, logistics manager, etc.
You may also read:
Agriculture Business Ideas: Agriculture is a process which included production of food, feed, and other products that are essential in … Read more